Christmas Stocking done
- 2mm and 2.5mm needles, cast on 96 sts.
- finished size: back length ~12", diagonal from top of back to tip of toe ~18"
- Made from sock yarns;
red (x2) - 4218, Sandnes, Smart Superwash*
black - 1331, Scheepjes, Invicta Extra (leftovers)
green - 8514, Sisu, Maskinvaskbar*
multi - 2405, Schoeller Stahl, Socka Color* (Fortissima Colouri)
(NB: should have used double strands of the thinner green and multi-coloured yarns)
Update on FFBag
- tried felting in washing machine, cold water - didn't felt much
- tried hand felting/agitating in basin with hot soapy water, 3 rinses (alternating cold, hot, cold) - still didn't felt much
- tried washing machine again, hot wash/cold rinse cycle - OVERFELTED! 13"x7"
- now, will try to soak overnight in vinegar/cool water to restretch a bit.
http://www.knitnik.com/ -see Oct 31, 06. (btw, I didn't do this after all.)
(link/info added to Oct 24 posting)